522 N. Old Carriage Road
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
- Skilled Crafts
Closes: Friday, January 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
NC State Credentials from an accredited institution with a minimum of two years of experience. Maintain 10 DCDEE approved in-service hours yearly. Must submit a Federal criminal records check and fingerprints before first day of employment. Teacher shall be immunized, have a current TB skin test, and in good physical health as evidence by an annual physical examination documentation. In addition, the teacher is responsible for a current certification in CPR, First Aid, and for meeting State requirements.
The Short-Shift Teacher is responsible for continuing daily actives and carrying out routines according to the classroom schedule, while the Lead teacher is out of the classroom. This includes, but not limited to, covering 1 hour and 15 minute lunch breaks, answering the center phone and door. The teacher shall be immunized, have a current TB skin test, and in good physical health as evidence by an annual physical examination documentation. In addition, the teacher is responsible for a current certification in CPR, First Aid, and for meeting State requirements.
- Treat children, parents, students, and each other with respect and kindness. Children must be nurtured and discipline must always be respectful of the child. The confidentiality of each child and family must be maintained at all times.
- Maintain flexibility with staff patterns, schedules, and Center responsibilities as the goal of the Center is to provide quality early education that requires the performance of various duties to benefit the program.
- Support, and comply with all Center policies.
- Read, understand, and practice the following handbooks:
- NCC Employee Handbook
- NAEYC Code of Ethics
- NAEYC – DAP Book
- NC State Licensing Regulations
- Early Childhood Environment Rating Scales
- NC State Health Department Regulations
- Healthy Young Children
- NCC-Child Development Center Parent Handbook
- NCC-Child Development Center Staff Handbook
- Works collaboratively with the EDU department faculty to ensure developmentally appropriate practice is demonstrated for EDU interns within the classroom setting.
- Promotes child development and learning.
- Builds family and community relationships.
- Maintain classroom environment in the absence of the lead teacher.
- Demonstrates developmentally effective approaches to connect with children and families.
- Is an Early Childhood Professional and uses such standards to manage relationships.
- Promotes healthy eating practices according to Division of Child Development and Early Education.
- Help ensure all communication through HiMama is accurate; which also includes accident reports, medicine forms, feeding charts, and sign-on/out sheets.
Read and comply with all correspondence issued by NCC and/or the Director, Child Development Center.
- Maintain current personnel file.
- Maintains the physical environment during the lead teacher's absence, that is conducive to meeting group objectives, ensure classroom is kept clean, ensure health and safety regulations are met, arrange group area to meet needs of children, and maintain organization/neatness of group area.
- Help ensure all charts/forms are accurate: daily reports, accident reports, medicine forms, feeding charts, and sign-on/out sheets.
- Develop and maintain open lines of communication with parents, develop specific communication networks, acknowledge parent needs, talk with parents about their child's development; ensure parents are familiar with all staff and volunteers.
- Attend and participate in staff/parent meetings.
- Maintains daily schedule and plans for classroom activities for effective instruction and orderly operation when Lead teacher is away from children.
- Continue to implement program while lead teacher is out of the classroom, ensuring that the "minimum program requirements" are met.
- Participate in staff development activities and evaluation processes as appropriate.
- Attend the NC – AEYC annual conference and complete the required number of in-service hours according to DCDEE.
Job Post Contact
Morgan H. Roberson, Director of Human Resources
**Applicants must submit a completed Nash Community College application and unofficial transcripts in order to be considered. Applications referencing resumes will not be considered. Completed applications need to be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Human Resources, PO Box 7488, Rocky Mount, NC 27804**