Former Sandhills Regional Hospital Facility and RichmondCC Main Campus, Grimsley Health Science Building.
Closes: Thursday, August 30, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Education and Experience: Applicant must have an Associate’s Degree in technology or a health-related field. Excellent organizational skills, required. Proficiency in Microsoft Suite products, required. Strong written, and oral, communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Knowledge of computer hardware equipment and software applications related to simulator functions, preferred. Knowledge of audio/video equipment and software for recording, duplication, mixing and editing, preferred. RN, LPN, EMT, Paramedic, or Certified Respiratory Therapist, preferred. Previous experience in a simulated lab preferred. Knowledge of patient simulation, technologies and applications, preferred.
General Description: The Simulation Technician under direction and supervision of the Director of Nursing, will provide technical support for all healthcare simulation operations.
- Understand the use and operation of different simulator technology as used in a healthcare environment.
- Serve as simulator operator running pre-programmed scenarios with nursing faculty instructors.
- Assuring all equipment is set up for course programs.
- Support/assist in role playing applications, props placement and moulage set-up.
- Provide technical assistance, support and training to faculty, instructors and staff in use of simulation equipment, as necessary.
- Conduct ongoing maintenance of all simulation equipment, including cleaning, and minor repairs,
- Assuring that all equipment is maintained in good working order at all times.
- Maintain record of repairs required and completed.
- Interface with equipment manufacturers regarding equipment troubleshooting and system problems.
- Maintain current knowledge of simulation equipment catalogs and operation manuals.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding job assignments and sensitive issues.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams, within and outside the organization.
- Participate in technical training as necessary.
- Flexibility and adaptability in dynamic environment: occasionally working evenings/weekends on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
- Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345.
- Fax: 910-582-7028. Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.
- E-mail: email@example.com. Application must contain a physical signature.
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
Available: September 3, 2018. Application review begins: August 17, 2018, open until filled. To apply: the RCC Application, photocopies or unofficial copies of college transcripts must be received by the deadline date. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: RCC Salary Level 6. Starting range - $31,198-$38,998, commensurate with experience. Full-time.
Location: Former Sandhills Regional Hospital Facility and RichmondCC Main Campus, Grimsley Health Science Building.
Contact: Human Resources
Richmond Community College
PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345
Phone: (910) 410-1804 or (910) 276-3331
Fax: (910) 582-7028
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Equal Opportunity Employer