Closes: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree in a credentialed health discipline, certification and/or license in a health profession, three years clinical work experience and three years teaching experience at the college-level
Master’s degree in a credentialed health discipline, Educational Leadership or Education Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) Simulation experience with simulation technology and standardized patients
The Simulation Educator position is located on the Central Campus. The Simulation Educator will need to work collaboratively with content expert faculty to ensure quality simulation scenarios are developed and executed to meet the student or course learning outcomes and the internal simulation center guidelines and procedures. Previous experience in simulation preferred. Knowledge of multiple healthcare disciplines a plus. The work schedule is Monday-Friday and some evening hours. The anticipated start date is April 2021.
This is a grant funded position. The end date of grant/position is 2 years from date of hire.
Overview of department
Healthcare simulation is a new area within the Health Professions and Human Services area. A new simulation space will be opening fall 2020 with acute care and outpatient simulation space. This position will support the educational and experiential learning experiences for all of our health programs.
This position works as part of team to develop and implement simulation-based education designed to enhance student learning, quality in healthcare, and patient safety. The main focus of a Simulation Educator is the responsibility for coordinating simulation education for a number of health programs, developing educational programs, teaching, coordination, and administrative tasks related to courses, workshops, and other events. The Simulation Educator works collaboratively with and supports the Faculty, Associate Dean Outpatient and Simulation as well as other Simulation Educators and Simulation Operations staff.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Collaboratively develops and implements high quality learning and assessment scenarios in order to meet student and faculty needs and accreditation standards.
2. Identify resources necessary for the successful operation of acute care, home health, and outpatient simulation educational experiences.
3. Develops and implements inventory control procedures to ensure all experiences are implemented effectively.
4. In collaboration with the Associate Dean of Outpatient and Simulation, develops data collection and record keeping procedures to consistently and effectively evaluate student learning.
5. Trains simulation users in simulation experiential activities and the operation of high fidelity simulators and use of standardized patients.
6. Incorporates standards and best practices to continuously update and refine simulation experiences and serves as a resource for faculty utilizing simulation experiences.
7. Performs data analysis to evaluate learning for student experiences and satisfaction with services for continuing education experiences.
8. Conduct tours of the facilities and promote the use of the interdisciplinary experience and academic learning center.
9. Supports accreditation by ensuring best practices are implemented, followed, and improved.
10. Works collaboratively with Sim Ops for technical support and maintenance of high fidelity manikins.
11. Engage in opportunities to share information and best practices externally (i.e. presenter or panelist at conferences and local user groups).
12. Actively participates in strategic action plan and program improvement initiatives
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Knowledge of institution’s policies and procedures
Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and organizational skills
Instructional design experience, excellent presentation and group facilitation skills
Utilizes evidences based practice principles in course or scenarios content design
Strong computer skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact