522 N. Old Carriage Road, Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Closes: Friday, August 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Educational/Experience Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent and at least five years of experience in commercial/residential building trades (HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, electrical wiring, painting, brick masonry, and landscaping). Must have a strong orientation to safety in the workplace. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Preferred: Associate’s Degree in Engineering, HVAC, Construction, Architecture, Electrical Technology or Technical studies from a regionally accredited institution and two years work experience in one or more skilled trades field is preferred.
Moderate physical effort required involving long periods of standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching overhead and periodic pushing, lifting and carrying items up to 25 lbs.; frequently traveling between buildings on campus; routine discomfort from exposure to moderate levels of heat, cold, moisture, air pollution, fumes, odors, poor ventilation, dust, chemical and mechanical hazards.
- Keep all plumbing fixtures in working order.
- Paint facilities as needed.
- Perform routine maintenance on all HVAC and Electrical mechanical systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair HVAC and refrigeration equipment.
- Assist with HVAC and electrical installation of equipment in remodels, upgrades or new construction.
- Check all lighting fixtures for blown tubes and bulbs; replace when necessary. Replace ballast as needed.
- Help keep all vehicles in good repair and report any safety concerns to Director of Facilities.
- Work independently on assigned work orders doing a wide variety of tasks such as checking and maintaining: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, general maintenance, etc.
- Utilizes a variety of types of equipment including paint sprayers, power tools, torches, ladders, painting supplies, etc.
- Complete assigned work orders in a timely manner and track preventive maintenance and various maintenance repairs through normal maintenance/facility tracking methods as directed by the Director of Facilities.
- Assist grounds keeping with any items as needed or assigned by the Director of Facilities.
- Assist housekeeping with any items as needed or assigned by the Director of Facilities.
- Be up to date on all issues with personal protective equipment (PPE) and/or training as needed.
- Keep all equipment in good working condition.
- Report any security and/or safety concerns to the Director of Facilities.
- Be willing to work a flexible schedule any day of the week.
- Be familiar with OSHA regulations and report any known deficiencies.
- Practice safe work habits such as lifting, climbing, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact