Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Closes: Sunday, August 14, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree required from a regionally accredited institution in Business, Office Administration, or related field. Office administration experience with skilled ability to communicate effectively with clients, students, faculty and staff. Proficient in Microsoft and Google applications.
Responsible for initiating, coordinating, and performing the administrative function required for the effective operation and support of the Small Business Center.
- Serve as the initial contact for the Small Business Center assisting with inquiries by phone, visitation, or email by giving information or directing clients and visitors to the necessary location and/or person.
- Schedule counseling appointments.
- Build seminars and assist with the maintenance of client records in CenterIC.
- Build seminar folders in accordance with SBCN policy.
- Register attendees, when needed.
- Develop flyers and marketing materials.
- Manage the Small Business Center’s Facebook page.
- Communicate with presenters approximately a week before the seminar date to request any files needed for handout materials.
- Send reminder emails to registered seminar attendees.
- Monitor attendee registrations and communicate with the SBC Director.
- Prepare for seminars by printing any handouts, preparing technology, setting up the classroom, processing signed contracts, ensuring evaluations are completed by seminar attendees, tallying attendee signatures on signature roster, making final verification of seminar if registration/signature totals match, and inputting/updating seminar attendee emails in Constant Contact.
- Ensure details of upcoming SBC events are forwarded to individuals and organizations monthly.
- Assist the Director with counseling, impact surveys, preparation of annual report, advisory committee meeting and opening a seminar, as needed.
- Participate in professional development activities provided by NCC.
- Participate in College events and activities. Maintain regular and consistent on-site attendance during normal hours of college operations in fulfillment of duties not inconsistent with the expectations for full-time employees and College policies and procedures.
- Initiate and answer telephone calls and video conference calls.
- Perform other duties as assigned which contribute to the efficient and effective operation of
- Serve on various committees as assigned.
- Participate in and support ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation to improve student learning.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may request reasonable accommodation(s) if necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Maintain stationary position, sitting or standing, for extended periods of time.
- Operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- Ability to maintain files in file cabinets.
- Occasionally lift, move, transport, install, or remove items weighing up to 15 pounds.
- The ability to communicate information so that others understand.
- The ability to observe details.