Rocky Mount, NC
Closes: Wednesday, October 5, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree required from a regionally accredited institution in Business, Office Administration, or related field. Office administration experience with skilled ability to communicate effectively with clients, students, faculty and staff. Proficient in Microsoft and Google applications.
Maintain the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the Small Business Center in order to assist entrepreneurs and support the sustainable growth of local small businesses. This position will also serve as the initial contact for the Small Business Center assisting with inquiries by phone, visitation, or email by giving information or directing clients and visitors to the necessary location and/or person.
- Perform general office duties, data entry, input of all client management case notes and administrative tasks associated with seminar programming. Provides accurate, courteous, and efficient administrative support to the Small Business Center. Manages administrative tasks associated with the development and implementation of Small Business Center programming. Answers general business development related questions.
- Schedule counseling appointments and demonstrate superior customer service to both internal and external clients. This includes community members, SBC clients, employees, vendors and customers.
- Build seminars and assist with the maintenance of client records in CenterIC. Ensure details of upcoming SBC events are forwarded to individuals and organizations monthly. Oversees the calendars and scheduling for the SBC office and all SBC guest counselors. Prepares and submits work orders, requisitions, and purchase orders as needed on behalf of the SBC.
- Prepare for seminars by printing any handouts, preparing technology, setting up the classroom, processing signed contracts, ensuring evaluations are completed by seminar attendees, tallying attendee signatures on signature roster, making final verification of seminar if registration/signature totals match, and inputting/updating seminar attendee emails in Constant Contact.
- Utilize Microsoft Office and Google applications with regard to the development of flyers and marketing materials. Assist with the management of the Small Business Center’s Facebook page.
- Assist the Director with counseling, impact surveys, preparation of annual report, advisory committee meeting and opening a seminar, as needed.
- Participate in professional development activities provided by NCC.
- Participate in College events and activities.
- Maintain regular and consistent on-site attendance during normal hours of college operations in fulfillment of duties not inconsistent with the expectations for full-time employees and College policies and procedures.
- Initiate and answer telephone calls and video conference calls.
- Perform other duties as assigned that contribute to the efficient and effective operation of NCC.
- Serve on various committees as assigned.
- Participate in and support ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation to improve student learning.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may request reasonable accommodation(s) if necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Maintain stationary position, sitting or standing, for extended periods of time.
- Operate a computer and other office machinery.
- Occasionally lift, move, transport, install, or remove items weighing up to 15 pounds.
- The ability to communicate information so that others understand.
- The ability to observe details.
- Occasionally move to different classrooms across campus to provide instruction, advising, and instructional support.
- Drive to remote instructional sites or other locations in performance of the duties listed in this job description.