Closes: Wednesday, August 4, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A baccalaureate degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for this position may be accepted.
- Demonstrated understanding of business management, startup, and resources.
- Able to collaborate with local, state, federal, and private entities.
- Excellent oral and written communication, public speaking, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Display initiative and demonstrate professionalism.
- Able to manage multiple assignments, meet assigned metrics, and submit work promptly.
- Able to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field plus three years of business experience in an ownership or management capacity.
- Experience counseling and/or consulting small business owners.
- Experience with business planning and accounting software.
- Experience developing and administering business training courses, seminars, and/or webinars.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The objective of the Small Business Center Coordinator is to increase the number of viable small businesses in Chatham County by providing high-quality, readily accessible assistance to prospective and existing small business owners which will lead to job creation and retention. The Small Business Center Coordinator will be a community-based provider of education and training, counseling, referral, and information. This position will be responsible for Small Business Center activities in Chatham County and requires travel within Chatham County as well as out of town to attend meetings, training, and/or conferences.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Additionally, applicants shall disclose if they have been a principal officer or owner for any business which filed bankruptcy within the past 7 years.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
This position is open until filled.
- Provide confidential one-on-one consultation to prospective and existing small business owners in key areas such as business structure, business plan preparation, financial analysis, access to capital, and marketing.
- Engage, foster, develop, and grow strategic partnerships and collaborations that enhance the College’s innovative competencies, reputation, and economic impact with small businesses.
- Plan and market no- to low-cost training on subjects relevant to small business start-up and growth.
- Promote the SBC program and advocate for small businesses through presentations to communities and entities.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders supporting small businesses at the local and state level.
- Serve on college, SBCN, and local committees as required.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of contracts and contractual agreements.
- Attend SBCN professional development conferences, SBCN virtual events, and small business networking events.
- Complete SBC director credentialing program within three years of hire and maintain professional competency with ongoing training as required.