Closes: Monday, August 1, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for this position may be accepted.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of business management, startup, and resources.
- Able to collaborate with local, state, federal, and private entities.
- Excellent oral and written communication, public speaking, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Display initiative and demonstrate professionalism.
- Able to manage multiple assignments, meet assigned metrics, and submit work promptly.
- Able to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Three years of business experience in an ownership or management capacity.
- Experience counseling and/or consulting small business owners.
- Experience with business planning and accounting software.
- Experience developing and administering business training courses, seminars, and/or webinars.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The objective of the Small Business Center is to increase the number of viable small businesses in Harnett County by providing high-quality, readily accessible assistance to prospective and existing small business owners which will lead to job creation and retention. The Small Business Center Coordinator will be a community-based provider of education and training, counseling, referral, and information. This position will be responsible for Small Business Center activities in Harnett County and requires travel within Harnett County as well as out of town to attend meetings, training, and/or conferences. Additional responsibilities as Director of Triangle South Enterprise Center include managing the daily operations of the Triangle South Enterprise Center. Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Provide confidential one-on-one consultation to prospective and existing small business center owners in key areas such as business structure, business plan preparation, financial analysis, access to capital, and marketing.
- Engage, foster, develop, and grow strategic partnerships and collaborations that enhance the college’s competencies, reputation, and economic impact with small businesses.
- Plan and market no-to-low-cost seminars and webinars on subjects relevant to small business start-ups and growth.
- Perform administrative tasks related to the management of Triangle South Enterprise Center to include recruiting tenants, screening, billing, collecting rents, and enforcing lease agreements. Oversee the day-to-day operation of the business incubator facility.
- Promote the SBC program and advocate for small businesses through presentations to communities and entities.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders supporting small businesses at the local and state level.
- Serve on college, SBCN, and local committees as required.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of contracts and contractual agreements.
- Attend SBCN professional development conferences, SBCN virtual events, and small business networking events.
- Complete SBC director credentialing program within three years of hire and maintain professional competency with ongoing training as required.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Small Business Center Coordinator will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.
Additionally, applicants shall disclose if they have been a principal officer or owner for any business which filed bankruptcy within the past 7 years.