201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Closes: Saturday, December 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED/HSE with two years clerical experience OR relevant associate degree required.
- Generally, works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires evening hours.
- Some local travel required.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 10/05/22
Assist with the implementation and maintenance of all seminars and programs offered through the Small Business Center. Serve as receptionist and provide clerical support to Small Business Center Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compose newsletters, promotional materials, course materials, and follow-up emails as needed.
- Receive incoming phone calls for the Small Business Center; serve as receptionist and provide general information to clients, staff, faculty, students, and the public.
- Maintain electronic and paper-based filing system for small business-related information, seminars, and instructor files.
- Serve as liaison between instructors and the Small Business Center. Prepare instructor contracts and ensure payment processing. Assist instructors as necessary.
- Process pre and post documentation for Small Business Center seminars in the Client Management System.
- Maintain record of visits, phone calls, and emails in the Client Management System.
- Create and maintain seminar and event scheduling. Notify campus security of schedule for room unlock and location when necessary.
- Assist with seminar preliminaries.
- Assist with annual report information gathering.
- Deliver excellent client service while advising clients of Small Business Center services.
- Enter e-procurement requisitions for supplies/equipment for the Small Business Center; process requisitions for payment of bills and office supplies.
- Organize and maintain Small Business Center Resource Library.
- Participate in College functions, departmental, divisional and College-wide meetings and committees as appropriate.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College and Small Business Center. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Contribute positively and constructively to the achievement of Small Business Center objectives.
- Carry out special projects aimed at further improvement of Small Business Center processes.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work herein described.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact