Mayland Communtiy College, Main Campus in Spruce Pine, NC.
Closes: Sunday, February 24, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's Degree in Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work, or related field
- Two years' experience counseling high school/college/university students and advising first generation, limited income, and students with disabilities
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Effective working knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, and email systems
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member with faculty, Student Services, and Administration.
- Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Experience in a TRIO Program (Student Support Services, Talent Search, Upward Bound).
Master's level Counselor to work with community college students in a TRIO Student Support Services program designed to promote student retention and graduation. Provide academic advising, supportive counseling, personal and academic development, and workshops; monitor and record data on student progress; assist in grant writing, serve on college committees; coordinate services with faculty and college personnel; and make referrals to outside agencies. Experience counseling high school/college students required.
Primary Duties include:
- Assist in the selection and assessment of students to participate in the S.O.A.R. Program. Provide intake, orientation, and assessment of students' needs.
- Carry a caseload of students in designated majors. Identify academic and personal needs and provide services accordingly.
- Provide academic advising, course planning, registration, and related services; coordinate tutoring, track student progress, and record case notes.
- Assist with Residency Determination Status, Financial Aid information and applications, scholarships, and financial literacy.
- Plan, organize, and participate in social and cultural enrichment activities for participants.
- Assist in data gathering and development of the Student Support Services TRIO grant proposal.
- Provide one-on-one and group instruction in skills related to college success and retention.
- Provide personal supportive counseling to address life issues that impact college performance and make referrals.
- Identify needs and recommend accommodations for students with disabilities.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and other college meetings as required.
- Use discretion in the handling of confidential information.
How to Apply
Go to Mayland Community College's EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES website at http://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/maylandedu?(link is external)
- If you have previously applied at MCC or another facility utilizing governmentjobs.com (aka NEOGOV), login using your previously established userid and password
- If this is your first time applying through NEOGOV, you will need to register a new account as instructed
Documentation you will need to scan to your application :
- A copy of your transcript(s): If you are chosen for this position, official transcripts should be submitted to the HR Office from the accredited school(s) within 30 days
- Current resume or CV
- Licensures / Certifications
*The search will remain open until this position is filled; however, to be considered for the initial screening, candidates should submit application materials by February 03, 2019.
Job Post Contact
Mayland Community College