201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Closes: Monday, March 13, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited institution in a discipline related to the position. (Required)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of two years of proven experience building and elevating a brand through social media, working in-house or for an agency. (Required)
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of all relevant social media channels and their audiences and the type of content needed to connect and capture their attention. (Required)
- Video and photography skills to produce a variety of social content and excellent headline and caption-writing skills. (Required)
- Strong organizational skills with a high degree of detail orientation with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, work independently and communicate effectively. (Required)
- Valid driver’s license. (Required)
- This position is on-site and based out of Dallas, NC.
- Generally, works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to travel between campuses and to other applicable events.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- This position requires work to occasionally be done outside normal business hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Experience with paid digital advertising (Preferred)
- Adobe Creative Suite experience. (Preferred)
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards and guidelines. (Preferred)
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 12/12/22
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring social media communications to promote and advance the College’s brand and further enhance the College’s marketing efforts. This position handles the creation, design, and execution of social content, with a focus on storytelling through images and video on social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn and YouTube). The Social Media Specialist is part of the Marketing and Communications team and reports to the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with the marketing and communications team and other areas of the College, including, but not limited to Admissions and Enrollment Management, Athletics, Human Resources, as well as key external partners.
- Develop innovative social media strategies for the College focused on increasing engagement of external and internal constituents including current and prospective students (i.e., lead generation), alumni, donors, parents, employees, and the public based on best practices.
- Produce and publish impactful social media content that is on-brand, timely and relevant, and maintains a positive, uniform, style and voice.
- Manage content calendars and coordinate scheduled content with key stakeholders.
- Engage with audiences through posts, feedback, and comments to advocate for the organization when appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Build, optimize, and manage paid social media ad campaigns to ensure they are meeting goals and budgets.
- Provide regular reports on the overall activity and success of social media communications and campaigns. Identify trends and insights and recommend strategies for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with other internal and external content editors, developers, and designers to create, edit, and publish optimal content that supports the College’s brand and strategic marketing objectives.
- Collaborate with internal and external emergency management personnel (e.g., Campus Police) to post emergency communications on designated digital platforms and channels.
- Manage copyright and data protection matters as it relates to digital communications and ensure compliance with applicable copyright and other relevant laws. Confirm social content follows accessibility guidelines.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to manage the production/use of creative assets (photos, videos, infographics, etc.) on social media and other digital communications.
- Stay current on emerging technologies, platforms, and best practices, and regularly evaluate and update social media strategies to elevate the College’s online presence.
- Assist with special projects, college events or other marketing and communications activities and perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of applicable information. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact