- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, June 1, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop appropriate course goals and objectives along with evaluation methods that accurately measure student learning.
- Be thoroughly prepared for each instructional responsibility including lecture and lab.
- Maintain an up-to-date syllabus for each course.
- Conduct class and lab activities that are consistent with course objectives.
- Work with Division Dean to order needed equipment and supplies.
- Be available to students outside of class time through e-mail, telephone, and individual meetings as needed.
- Accurately complete and submit all required reports and student records by stated deadlines and return all College materials and grade books at the end of each semester.
- Attend any required faculty, division, or departmental meetings.
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff and students in a congenial and professional manner.
- Comply with College policies and procedures.
- Remain current in the field of study.
- Communicate effectively.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the subject(s) taught.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize courses; use a variety of teaching and learning strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure student success; utilize effective classroom management skills; and employ effective and appropriate evaluations of student performance.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of campus services for appropriate referral.
- Ability to use instructional technology effectively.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to open-access community college philosophy, diversity and inclusion, and adult learning principles.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to the unique nature and role of the College as a learning-centered institution.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master's degree in Sociology preferred or master’s degree in related field with 18 graduate hours in Sociology.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching in a community college setting is a plus.
Standard classroom environment, usually indoors, away from elements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to maintain a stationary position; move about the classroom, operate and position tools or controls; and frequently communicate with students. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
This is a part time position. Classes meet during the day and/or evening at the Statesville Campus, Mooresville Campus, and/or our Early College campuses. Classes also taught online.
Local travel is required, including between campus locations.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact