Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Closes: Thursday, March 5, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Associate degree;
2. Two years of full-time or equivalent experience as an administrative assistant/receptionist in office or salon/spa.
1. Experience in financial operations of full service salon;
2. Community college work experience;
3. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary:
This position contributes to the Spa Therapies and Operations department by providing general management of the clinic reception/office for the Mountain Tech Spa, utilizing initiative to ensure efficient function of the teaching clinic. Clinic reception/office management includes handling, coordinating and transitioning between varied skills and tasks associated with spa management. This position assists with maintenance operations in the dispensary area and related storage/laundry facilities, ensuring a condition of operating excellence so that full educational use can be accessed at all times. Employee will model professional, courteous and efficient customer service when interacting with students, campus community and guests of the college. In addition, they are expected to support the mission and goals of the Spa Therapies and Operations Department.
1. Perform clinic office/reception tasks:
• Welcome spa guests
• Assist clients in determining appropriate service
• Schedule appointments for Spa Therapies and Operations department programs
• Receive, return and/or route client calls in timely and efficient manner
• Initiate pre-service client intake forms
• Properly file and maintain forms
• Review and collect client comment data and distribute accordingly
• Provide financial oversight of client transactions including balancing receipts and cash drawer as well as satisfying financial communications and procedures as set forth by the A-B Tech Business Office
• Generate financial reports as needed.
2. Provide oversight of students in the simulated salon/spa reception setting and assist with dispensary technician training for students.
3. Provide daily upkeep and organization of Mountain Tech Spa reception area; order and maintain supplies for Mountain Tech Spa facility.
4. Provide general information about Spa Therapies and Operations department programs to clients and prospective students.
5. Coordinate with IT department concerning computers and related software for Spa management.
6. Research documents associated with large equipment purchases. Refer information to Department Chair.
7. Prepare work and repair orders, and track on-going progress of requests.
8. Maintain inventory and checkout system for dispensary products, wares and equipment, as well as current Safety Data Sheets.
9. Participate in special events – including advisory meetings.
10. Assist with tours and provide promotional materials.
11. Assist with annual budget preparation.
12. Maintain standards defined by external agencies and Boards (health department, OSHA, NC Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners). Assist with maintenance of checklists required by such agencies or Boards.
13. Assist with supervision of student sanitation assignments and oversight of work-study/volunteer students.
14. Contribute to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
15. Support workforce diversity in all its aspects.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.