Closes: Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
• 3 years of experience providing support services to high need postsecondary students to include outreach, academic and/or career coaching, and case management.
• Experience using technology including Microsoft Office suite and a relational student information system, e.g. Colleague, Banner, etc.
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
• Greater than 3 years of experience providing support services to high need postsecondary students to include outreach, academic and career coaching, and case management.
• Experience with collaborative and experiential methodologies to improve student learning.
• Experience collecting, analyzing, and acting upon student data.
The purpose of the Intervention Specialist is to increase the retention and academic success of students at the college by providing outreach, academic and career coaching, and case management. The Intervention Specialist communicates with students in response to early alerts issued by instructors, identifies appropriate intervention strategies, and guides students in the use of those strategies to address challenges. The Intervention Specialist maintains current knowledge of academic programs within the assigned division and reviews and analyzes student retention and success data. The Intervention Specialist works in a team environment and collaborates with units throughout the college to reduce retention challenges and to improve successes of at risk students. S/He performs work with considerable independence and assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Position is time limited and runs through September 30, 2021.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact