Closes: Sunday, January 16, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelors’ Degree from a regionally accredited institution in a field related to the functions and activities associated with the job. Desired degrees include, but may not be limited to: Hospitality Management, Event Planning, Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, Project Management, etc.
- A minimum of three years of full-time successful experience in a conference center, convention center, special events venue or catering operation; with documented experience in event operations.
- A minimum of two years as a successful supervisor.
- A valid NC or other state issued driver’s license.
- Able to meet the qualifications for bonding in the State of NC.
- A minimum of five years of full-time successful experience in a conference center, convention center, special events venue or catering operation; with documented experience in sales and marketing and event operations.
- A minimum of three years as a successful supervisor in the field.
Reporting to the Conference Center Director, the Event Services Specialist is responsible for providing a wide variety of event planning and logistical support to The Conference Center at GTCC and The Clubhouse at Cameron Campus (the venues), as well as its clientele. The incumbent will be able to successfully plan and execute events from the proposal phase to completion, by liaising with clients and vendors and providing superior customer service, resulting in a high-quality final product. H/She will be responsible for general oversite of his/her day to day events and operations as well as participate in prospecting, CRM and marketing efforts of the venues. The Specialist will work and communicate with a variety of clientele across multiple market segments and maintain excellent client relationships with the goal of generating both new and repeat business. The Event Services Specialist will also provide overall support to the venues by assisting with special projects & initiatives, process development & improvement, purchasing & budgeting and routine daily operational tasks. This position will require flexible work hours, to accommodate the needs of the events and clients, including some nights and weekends.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact