Closes: Sunday, December 3, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associates degree in Information Technology (computer science, computer information systems, programming or other related field), Entertainment Technology or Hospitality/Tourism Management (other educational fields will be considered with appropriate/relevant experience)
- Three years of experience in an event related technical support field with relevant degree. Or 7 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (computer science, computer information systems, programming or other related field) Entertainment Technology or Hospitality/Tourism Management is strongly preferred. (other educational fields will be considered with appropriate/relevant experience). Industry recognized training and certification(s) such as Avixa’s CTS or manufacturer training from Biamp, Crestron, Extron, etc.
- Five years of experience in an event related technical support field, specifically supporting Corporate events in a Conference Center or Hotel setting
- Experience with event photography
- Experience with Remote support tools and SCCM solutions.
- Experience with Enterprise Service Desk software.
The Technology Support Specialist of Conference Center Events, is responsible for the Audio-Visual event support and equipment for The Conference Center at GTCC and The Clubhouse at Cameron Campus. Working with both internal and external clientele, the incumbent will ensure the successful execution of meetings and events by preparing, operating and troubleshooting Audio Visual equipment, while providing a seamless customer service experience for the client from start to finish. Responsibilities include operating and managing equipment for presentation, sound, lighting and audio/video conferencing, live event support, equipment inventory/stewardship, digital signage for events, and maintaining a professional and pleasant demeanor. While the incumbent’s main responsibility is to support Conference Center and Clubhouse events, s/he will be trained to support events on all GTCC campus locations as scheduled. S/he will also work in concert with the colleges ITS division to provide Tier 1 support, under the direction and guidance of ITS staff. S/he will assist with classroom computer labs, hardware, and software needs, installing and maintaining computer and peripheral equipment. S/he prepares reports, maintenance records, and inventory paperwork.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact