Closes: Thursday, September 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree in Business Administration, Education, Social Science, or another related area.
- One year of experience in college or university placement testing, academic testing, or student services experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Education, Social Science, or another related area.
- Three years of experience in college or university placement testing, academic testing, or student services experience.
The Testing and Assessment Specialist is responsible for the management of Albemarle’s testing center and administering of enrollment and academic testing. This individual is also responsible for determining, evaluating, and updating testing procedures and services to assure quality and timely testing services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to manage the Albemarle testing center and the administration of enrollment and academic testing.
- Is responsible for determining, evaluating, and updating testing procedures and services to assure quality and timely testing services.
- Works closely with supervisor to evaluate and recommend services to ensure the testing center is meeting the needs of the college.
- Develop and maintain a schedule to offer testing services for the Albemarle campus college enrollment and academic (both SCC and non-SCC) programs.
- Work closely with campus resource coordinators at other campus locations to ensure adequate service offerings are available for the students in those service areas.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with college faculty, staff, and administrators, with regards to testing services.
- Project testing needs, in alignment with the budget cycle.
- Establish and maintain procedures and processes for testing services at all campus locations in alignment with the Code of Fair Testing Practices in Education.
- Maintain an ethical, confidential, professional, and secure testing environment.
- Remain current on statewide and national practices and initiatives as it relates to college enrollment testing.
- Serve as the college's College Level Examination Program test administrator/proctor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- HR New Staff Onboarding
- SCC Employee Mandatory Training
- Student Services ERP training
- College Level Examination Program test administrator/proctor program
- Participate in College-Sponsored Professional Development
- SCC New Student Enrollment Process, Easy as 1-2-3
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001