Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Thursday, July 29, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of an Associate’s degree;
2. Must have a minimum of one year of full-time or equivalent experience working in workforce development;
3. Must have experience working with higher education students;
4. Must have Work experience with database maintenance;
5. Must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
1. Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
2. Must have experience with apprenticeships;
3. Must have knowledge of Buncombe and Madison Counties and surrounding areas;
4. Must have a minimum of two years of full-time or equivalent experience working in workforce development;
5. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Assists WBL Director with tracking and maintaining records for student placement in any work-based learning (WBL) placement
such as co-op, internship, pre-apprenticeship, apprenticeship, special projects, and mentoring. This includes student certificates,
diploma, and associates degree programs. In addition, those career and college promise/CTE programs within our area High
Tracking and maintaining database (via excel spreadsheets and SharePoint) for current and potential work-based learning student
placements as well as industry curriculum representatives serving on advisory boards.
1. Maintains an updated database for industry partnerships, contacts, and company profiles.
2. As appropriate (with current restrictions), accompanies WBL Director to meetings with all A-B Tech divisions and
departments as well as local agencies to discuss and work on team/partner initiatives, placement of A-B Tech students into
WBL opportunities and jobs.
3. Assists with marketing and recruiting of students and industry partnerships.
4. Assists with connecting industry clients to local and state workforce programs and agencies.
5. Assists WBL Director with the annual “Find Your Future” Open House and Career Expo to include invitations, marketing, and
tracking of participants.
6. Assists WBL Director with annual “Manufacturing Day” events as needed.
7. Encourages and promotes students to remain engaged in job search/career activities (“stay the course”) during quarantine.
8. Assists WBL Director with maintaining consistent dialogue with students regarding the transferability of skills acquired during
the pandemic and future career options (keeping that positive energy on the goal).
9. Works with students instructing as able, the scheduling of virtual appointments for career counseling, resume preparation,
employer and career introductions, and effective networking during a quarantine. This includes all other career and program-related COVID and non-COVID topics as necessary.
10. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
11. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.