201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Closes: Monday, October 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Three years’ experience in an education or business setting required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment required.
- Working knowledge of operating standard office equipment and related tools and technology required.
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Generally works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
- Understanding of Apprenticeship programs preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 9/01/22
Provide a variety of support services for the Work-Based Learning and Placement Office such as assisting in implementing and maintaining work-based learning classes and daily operations of the office. Assist with Apprenticeship 321 as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer phone and respond to inquiries regarding work-based learning and placement.
- Work with College divisions, departments, and with outside agencies in answering questions, negotiating, and resolving sensitive or controversial issues regarding employment in work-based learning.
- Assist students in determining eligibility for work-based learning and placement.
- Evaluate transcripts from all approved programs for work-based learning and determine qualifications and eligibility for placement.
- Assist coordinator by arranging student interviews with employers as needed.
- Register students for work-based learning sections.
- Assist coordinator in marketing and promoting the work-based learning program to internal and external customers; develop and maintain relationships with local businesses and industries for work-based learning sites; and provide graduates with placement assistance. Share with companies Apprenticeship 321 program as appropriate.
- Present work-based learning at each New Apprentice orientation. Meet with Apprentices when beginning work-based learning.
- Maintain appropriate materials, supplies, books, and workbooks; prepare visitation forms for each work-based learning student and assign to appropriate faculty coordinator.
- Provide or ensure work-based learning faculty coordinators have annual orientations in order to be aware of requirements, expectations, and due dates.
- Verify that work-based learning courses are updated and posted in Blackboard at the beginning of each semester; collaborate with the distance education department to post syllabi and workbook assignments in Blackboard for work-based learning courses.
- Verify that posted assignments in Blackboard are accessible.
- Assist faculty coordinators with assigning grades in Blackboard, post grades in Datatel.
- Provide assistance in maintaining the Central College Network (CCN) database.
- Assist the coordinator in organizing and managing career events. Attend Apprenticeship 321 events as needed.
- Maintain accurate files and documentation for all work-based learning students in order to remain compliant with state audits.
- Assure accurate reporting of work-based learning student hours on rosters used for FTE reporting; track incompletes and report to Registrar for grade changes and FTE reporting upon completion.
- Prepare work-based learning schedule each semester and submit to Academic Affairs.
- Compile payroll information for work-based learning faculty coordinators.
- Maintain program statistics for in-house, state, and federal reports; assist graduates in proper completion of statistical report forms for submission to the state.
- Prepare travel, leave, and reimbursement requests as needed.
- Supervise work-study or intern students; maintain office in absence of coordinator.
- Perform other related duties, including with Apprenticeship 321 incidental to the work described herein.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact