Flat Rock, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, July 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
The primary purpose of this position is to sustain teaching performance at appropriate college levels for all assigned student populations (including qualified high school students) to include course loads, instructional technology, instructional materials and innovative communication delivery in the Speech/Mass Communications related disciplines. This load will include record keeping function in the areas of attendance, student learning outcomes, student performance assessment, data collection for accreditation in an accurate and timely manner. Assists students by advisement in the areas of academic planning and learning support.
Why it’s Important
The Blue Ridge team is excited by every opportunity to be creative, innovative, and engaging. We do this by working alongside our faculty to ensure we provide a modern, technologically advanced institution for the community. We are here to support our Faculty and Students to ensure they reach their highest potential. Our team engages with the community to ensure that we are consistently meeting standards and then rising above them. Guiding students along their educational journey is our calling and we are looking for like-minded teammates to help us serve our community. Whether a student is entering the workforce for the first time, entering a new profession, or just expanding their knowledge, we are here to provide the necessary tools to accomplish all their goals. Working together, no elevation is too high, and no summit is unreachable.
What You'll Be Doing
- Maintain accreditation and credentials to teach in specific subject areas: Speech/Communications related fields.
- Maintain mastery and currency in the field of Communications, participating in ongoing collaboration with other professionals to ensure continuity between course instruction and school practices.
- Market, recruit, and retain students in respective programs.
- Ensure compliance with policies of the College, NC Community College System, and applicable State and Federal agencies.
- Participate in a wide variety of extra-curricular committee and campus support functions, which may include: faculty club advisor, scholarships, grants, campus marketing, accreditation, inter-institutional and system cooperative programs.
- Program planning and support of Institutional Effectiveness and Program Assessments Plans.
- Support College Transfer program areas by participating in department initiatives.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all college employees while at the same time demonstrating sensitivity to and respect for a diverse population.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year institution in Speech or Communications or closely-related discipline with at least 18 graduate credit hours in Speech/Communications.
All persons must provide verifiable and relevant professional experience in a work-place setting or demonstrated instructional/teaching environment.
Skills and the Know-How
- Strong personal and professional integrity, work-ethic and a commitment to safety.
- Student-centered mindset.
- Solution-centered mindset, works well in a team setting.
- Team player who contributes to a positive environment and a department workplace emphasizing institutional core values.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, database systems, College email and website, and other computer applications associated with the position.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with community organizations, high school partners, businesses, college staff, and the general public.
- Flexible schedule- is available in the evenings and on weekends as needed.
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact