Closes: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Must be able to perform a wide range of professional accounting duties requiring knowledge of GAAP and have three to five years' experience in accounting.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Responsible for a variety of professional accounting duties; providing support to Business Office staff and Associate Vice President regarding internal control and general ledger functions.
- Serve as fiscal resource on grant awards; responsible to assist in preparation of budgets that meet the requirements of the grant; compile financial reporting required for said grant awards; and oversight/compliance of grant spending.
- Maintenance of the General Ledger system; Must understand how data flows to financial statements in order to accurately set-up and categorize fund, purpose, voe, object, and unit codes. Monitor reports to ensure information flows correctly.
- Serve as informational resource to staff; provide technical assistance.
- Research and resolve problems within the accounting system.
- Review and submit the monthly and year-end balancing, reconciling, and closing for state funds package
- Prepare and monitor budget status reports.
- Assist with requesting reimbursements and tracking progress of construction projects.
- Responsible for Eagle Program of Internal Controls.
- Gather data, prepare and submit required reports/information to the NCCCS Office for Foreign National Compliance Reporting.
- Oversee the monthly reconciliation of NCC bank accounts, and provide assistance when needed.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Maintain content knowledge and skills through continuous training.
- Transmit funds to financial aid debit cards and resolve issues.
- Serve as liaison during NCC Foundation audit.
- Reviews and submits Foreign National tax forms (1042-S) to IRS.
- Inputs construction data into Interscope.
- Prepares monthly sales tax for auxiliary services that is submitted to NCDOR.
- Prepares and files the bi-annual sales tax refund claim for NCC Foundation.
- Responsible for the distribution and verification of petty cash fund.
- Participate in professional development activities provided by NCC.
- Participate in College events and activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned which contribute to the efficient and effective operation of NCC.
- Serve on various committees as assigned.
- Participate in and support ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation to improve student learning.
Job Post Contact
Morgan R, Bland, Director of Human Resources
**Applicants must submit a completed Nash Community College application and unofficial transcripts in order to be considered. Applications referencing resumes will not be considered. Completed applications need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Human Resources, PO Box 7488, Rocky Mount, NC 27804**