Merancas Campus - Huntersville, NC
Closes: Friday, April 7, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in accounting or business administration with a concentration in accounting and 1 year of mid-level accounting work experience; A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in other fields and completion of 20 hours of college level course work in accounting may be considered.
Or Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution in accounting and 5 years of mid-level accounting work experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree
The Business Office interacts with students and other college departments to process Tuition and Fees payments and Departmental Deposits.
The successful candidate will prepare monthly general journal entries, bank transfers, financial reports, and maintain the bookstore initiatives, which includes access fees and bookstore reconciliations. The candidate will also identify student accounts that have credit balances and process refunds based on the credit amount.
Anticipated Hiring Date: March 13, 2023
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Hours per week: 40
By applying a working and expanding knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB), supports financial operations of the college by performing moderately complex accounting work such as analyzing student accounts, maintaining the bookstore initiatives, which includes inclusive access fees and bookstore reconciliations, maintaining monthly account reconciliations, reviewing financial statements, records and reports, and assignments in classifying, posting, balancing, reconciling and summarizing financial transactions.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures assigned duties are performed in accordance with GAAP and GASB standards, state and college accounting procedures, and appropriate internal controls
- Provides positive customer experience with friendly and courteous service; assists students with payments, account inquiries, and change requests.
- Prepares monthly general journal entries, bank transfers, financial reports, account reconciliations, and various other accounting statements and reports; provide interpretation of results
- Works in connection with college bookstore and Financial Aid to help collect and maintain accounts and other miscellaneous types of debt for the bookstore
- Responsible for inclusive access fees. Works in connection with college bookstore and course management staff to ensure that fees are appropriately attached to approved courses and reconcile invoices upon receipt
- Reconciles and processes bookstore reconciliations
- Assists with refund exception requests and affidavits
- Processes the daily deposit and petty cash for Merancas Campus
- Monitors credit balances
- Handles credit card disputes and charge backs in conjunction with merchant provider
- Assists with departmental email account
- Backup for merchant fee reconciliation and journal entries
- Backup for Corporate & Continuing Education student refunds
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Knowledge of GAAP and GASB as well as college standard business practices
Knowledge of Accounts Receivables including billing, Collections, and Cash Receipts
Knowledge of and proficiency in using an administrative information system, preferably Datatel Colleague/Ellucian System.
Preferred knowledge in Communications Management and Informer reporting
Moderate to advanced computer and spreadsheet skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on the ability to communicate financial information
Ability to communicate effectively and work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
Excellent customer service skills
Strong analytical skills
Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments, adapting to changing priorities and situations, and follow-through on completion of assignments
How to Apply
Job Post Contact