Closes: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution and 2-5 years of work experience in financial analysis, construction accounting & reporting.
Experience with Interscope, NC E-procurement, Datatel, NCCCS and DOA
GENERAL FUNCTION AND JOB DUTIES
The Staff Accountant position is located on the Central Campus. The successful candidate for this position will support the operations of the college and serve as a liaison between the College and North Carolina Community College system (NCCCS) while performing moderately complex accounting tasks, maintaining Interscope, preparing, analyzing, reviewing financial records and internal and external reports. The work schedule is Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week with an anticipated start date in June, 2021.
Track Capital Formal and Informal Projects. Supports financial operation of the College and serves as liaison between the College and North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) while performing moderately complex accounting tasks, maintaining Interscope, preparing, analyzing, reviewing financial records and internal and external reports.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Acts as the Interscope liaison between Construction Accounting, Facilities Services and assist in preparation of NCCCS Capital improvement documentations (project approvals/amendments/ closeouts/property disposals (3-1’s); state reimbursement requests (2-16's), NCCCS annual reporting requirements.
2. Collaborates closely with the construction management team for input of data (i.e. contracts, change orders, etc.) into Interscope.
3. Review & verify capital projects within the College and Interscope systems.
4. Track and monitor the change order/workflow process within Interscope.
5. Ensure information recorded, detailed, and captured during design review, bidding, award, and the construction administration phases of a construction project.
6. Monitor and audits activity in informal and formal construction projects for accuracy.
7. Balances and reconciles formal and informal project accounts, researches and reconciles discrepancies.
8. Track funding sources, budgets, actual expenditures and commitments.
9. Record detailed information during design review, bidding, award and construction administration phases of construction projects into Interscope.
10. Tracks the lifecycle until project closeout; maintains Interscope database of design and construction project data.
11. Record Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB) participation for informal projects accomplished by local or operating funds.
12. Uses Interscope as well as spreadsheets to collect and report data for processing quarterly Minority Business Enterprise/HUB reports to NCCCS and Department of Administration (DOA).
13. Ensures assigned duties performed in accordance with NCCCS, NCDOA HUB, NC General Statutes, E-Procurement, College procedures and appropriate internal controls.
14. Assist with processing construction related county and institutional invoices, fund requests, bank transfers, BO’s/PO’s and other time sensitive daily/weekly processes and fixed assets year end closeout. 15. Performs other duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Intermediate skills with MS Office products
Ability to exhibit strong interpersonal skills and work well with others
Ability to maintain records accurately and be able to meet deadlines consistently Ability to work with numbers with a high degree of accuracy
Ability to adapt to change Demonstrates strong organizational skills
Ability to perform normal duties with minimal supervision
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Exceptional customer relations skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact