Closes: Monday, July 15, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution and 2-5 years of work experience in financial analysis, construction accounting & reporting.
Experience with Interscope, NC E-procurement, Datatel, NCCCS and DOA
The Staff Accountant Construction and Fixed Assets position will be located on the Central Campus.
Track Capital and Form and Informal Projects. Supports financial operation of the College and serves as liason between the College and North Carolina Community System (NCCCS) while performing moderately complex accounting tasks, maintaining Interscope, preparing, analyzing, and reviewing financial records and internal and external reports.
Track Capital Formal and Informal Projects. Supports financial operation of the College and serves as liaison between the College and North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) while performing moderately complex accounting tasks, maintaining Interscope, preparing, analyzing, reviewing financial records and internal and external reports.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Acts as the Interscope liaison between Construction Accounting, Facilities Services and NCCCS.
2. Collaborates closely with the construction management team for input of data (i.e. contracts, change orders, etc.) into Interscope.
3. Reviews & verifies capital projects within the College and Interscope systems.
4. Tracks and monitors the change order/workflow process within Interscope.
5. Ensures information recorded, detailed, and captured during design review, bidding, award, and the construction administration phases of a construction project.
6. Monitors and audits activity in informal and formal construction projects for accuracy.
7. Balances and reconciles formal and informal project accounts, researches and reconciles discrepancies.
8. Tracks funding sources, budgets, actual expenditures and commitments.
9. Records detailed information during design review, bidding, award and construction administration phases of construction projects into Interscope.
10. Tracks the lifecycle until project closeout; maintains Interscope database of design and construction project data.
11. Records Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB) participation for informal projects accomplished by local or operating funds.
12. Uses Interscope as well as spreadsheets to collect and report data for processing quarterly Minority Business Enterprise/HUB reports to NCCCS and Department of Administration (DOA).
13. Ensures assigned duties performed in accordance with NCCCS, E-Procurement, College procedures and appropriate internal controls.
14. Performs other duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Intermediate skills with MS Office products
- Ability to exhibit strong interpersonal skills and work well with others
- Ability to maintain records accurately and be able to meet deadlines consistently
- Ability to work with numbers with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to adapt to change
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills
- Ability to perform normal duties with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer relations skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact