Closes: Monday, December 2, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or related filed from a regionally accredited institution.
- Must be able to perform a wide range of professional accounting duties requiring knowledge of GAAP and have two or more years' experience in accounting.
- Advanced degree in accounting or business with proven experience as an accountant and preparing financial statements.
- Experience using Colleague.
- NC Community College experience
The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing a variety of professional accounting tasks in the college Business Office. Work involves applying established accounting or administrative procedures, principles of bookkeeping, and accounting to the review and processing of accounting and other financial documents. Judgment and initiative are required in the performance of duties.
- Support the Business Office in the day-to-day operations, which includes being knowledgeable of the various roles within the office; serve as a backup to other positions as needed
- Serve as informational resource to staff; provide technical assistance
- Research and resolve problems within the accounting system
- Responsible for EAGLE Program of internal controls; make recommendations regarding internal controls and compliance with regulations
- Assist the Controller with the preparation of the financial statements
- Responsible for the distribution and verification (surprise counts) of petty cash fund
- Complete quarterly construction cash flows
- Responsible for Interscope construction reporting
- Compile annual budget documentation from Compliance Assist
- Prepare journal entries as needed and authorized by the Controller
- Verify coding and accuracy of all checks processed before mailing
- Reconcile College bank statements monthly
- Assist with reconciliation of college grants and reimbursement requests
- Cashier as needed during periods of registration
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Maintain content knowledge and skills through continuous training
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Participate in ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.