Staff Accountant (Grants, Contracts and Financial Aid Accounting) Req. #5259
Central Campus - Norman Building
Closes: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Business Administration or related field with a concentration in accounting and 1 year of mid-level accounting work experience;
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in other fields and completion 20 hours of college-level coursework in accounting maybe considered;
Associate Degree from an accredited institution Accounting and 5 years of mid-level accounting work experience may be substituted for the Bachelor's Degree
Central Piedmont Community College is seeking a Full-time Staff Accountant in the Grants, Contracts and Financial Aid Accounting department located on Central Campus - Norman Building.
The Office of Grants, Contracts and Financial Aid Accounting provides faculty, staff, administrators, and external entities with relevant financial information that is accurate and timely. This department is the post-award administration office for internal and external sponsored projects for Central Piedmont Community College. This office assists the project directors and their staff in following the guidelines of grants and contracts efficiently.
Anticipated hiring date: June 5, 2023
Work schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Hours per week: 40 hours
Accounting for and monitoring grants, contracts and financial aid to ensure appropriate accounting treatment and compliance with their respective guidelines.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepares monthly general and standard journal entries, income and balance sheet statements,
account reconciliations, cost reports and various other accounting statements and reports; provides interpretation of results as appropriate.
2. Interacts with and consults with college administration and component unit account managers to design and maintain effective accounting controls, processes and procedures. Confers with financial and college account managers in order to explain accounting policy and processes and resolves accounting discrepancies.
3. Verifies college and/or component unit source documents for accuracy, completeness, authorization and coding, as well as (as applicable) proper application of fees, refunds, collections, and discounts in order to verify general ledger balances, and identifies accounting system problems or risks/liabilities.
4. Resolves non-standard accounting transactions, and independently initiates appropriate corrections into accounting records.
5. Maintains college or component unit accounting procedural documents including updates and
6. Monitors and communicates with grant sub-recipients to ensure compliance with Federal grant or other applicable grant guidelines.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Knowledge of GAAP and GASB as well as college and component unit standard businesses practices
* Knowledge of federal & private grant guidelines
* Knowledge of and proficiency in using and administrative information system, preferably Datatel Colleague
* Moderate to advanced computer and spreadsheets skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on the ability to communicate financial information.
* Ability to communicate effectively and work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
* Excellent customer service skills
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments, adapting to changing priorities and situations, and follow-through on completion of assignments
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should apply to:https://www.cpcc.edu/about-central-piedmont/administrative-offices/human...
Central Piedmont Community College is committed to equal employment opportunities.
Job Post Contact