Closes: Monday, January 18, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting or Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting and 1 year of mid-level accounting work experience; A Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in other fields and completion of 20 hours of college level course work in accounting may be considered.
Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting and 5 years of mid-level accounting work experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree
By applying a working and expanding knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB), supports financial operations of the college by performing moderately complex accounting work such as analyzing student accounts, maintaining the Colleges’ Sponsored Accounts Receivables, which includes preparing Sponsored Billing, and working in connection with the Colleges collection agencies to submit necessary accounts, maintaining monthly account reconciliations, reviewing financial statements, records and reports, and assignments in classifying, posting, balancing, reconciling and summarizing financial transactions.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares monthly general and standard journal entries, financial reports, account reconciliations, and various other accounting statements and reports; provide interpretation of results.
- Interacts and consults with college administration account managers to design and maintain effective accounting controls, processes and procedures. Confers with financial and college account managers in order to explain accounting policy and processes and resolves Sponsor accounting discrepancies.
- Verifies college source documents for accuracy, completeness, authorization and coding, as well as (as applicable) proper application of fees, refunds, collections, and discounts in order to verify general ledger balances, and identifies Sponsor accounting system problems or risks/liabilities.
- Resolves non-standard accounting transactions, and independently initiates appropriate corrections into Sponsored accounting records.
- Assists in maintaining college or Sponsor procedural documents including updates and historical records.
- Processes the daily deposit and petty cash for Levine Campus.
- Responsible for Sponsored Receivables and Collections. Work in connection with NC Department of Revenue, and the college’s collection agencies to help collect and maintain the college’s Sponsored Receivable accounts and other miscellaneous types of debt for the college.
- Responsible for Sponsored Programs 1098 T processing and researches items relating to Sponsored Accounts, tax issues, and IRS regulations as needed.
- Ensures assigned duties are performed in accordance with GAAP and GASB standards, state and college accounting procedures, and appropriate internal controls.
- Responsible for sponsored receivables and collections for CCPP and CMS students, Cummins, and other assigned sponsors as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Knowledge of GAAP and GASB as well as college standard business practices
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivables including billing, Collections, and Cash Receipts
- Knowledge of and proficiency in using an administrative information system, preferably Datatel Colleague/Ellucian System.
- Preferred knowledge in Communications Management, Query builder, Informer reporting
- Preferred knowledge in Sponsored Programs
- Moderate to advanced computer and spreadsheet skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on the ability to communicate financial information
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments, adapting to changing priorities and situations, and follow-through on completion of assignments
How to Apply
Job Post Contact