RCC Main Campus
Closes: Friday, April 16, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution is required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and ability to operate standard office equipment. Must be able to demonstrate qualities of professionalism, team building, and have excellent organizational skills. Strong effective presentation and communication skills.
Desire for incumbent to have experience in counseling or student/client advising. Program development for college preparation, and other activities designed to help retain underrepresented populations. Knowledge of Datatel student information system and Aviso. Knowledge of community college academics and strategies for student enrichment and success.
Same as minimum.
- Implementation and management of project goals and activities.
- Provide holistic advising for students.
- Provide career counseling and advising to students.
- Make referrals for students who are not successfully progressing academically.
- Assist with student activities to promote student success and leadership.
- Organize student support groups on campus.
- Implement targeted tutoring sessions.
- Secure outreach programming to enhance student achievement.
- Effectively maintain electronic and hardcopy files.
- Assist with the development and implementation of workshops for students regarding soft skills, life skills, self-care, and academic success.
- Assist with the dissemination of project information at local, state, and regional conferences.
- Interprets the mission, educational philosophy, and vision statements of Robeson Community College to the general public.
- Maintains the integrity of the College and its related foundations.
- Represents the College professionally and handle all matters in a confidential manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should apply at www.robeson.edu/hr and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
Human Resources – Sally Carr – firstname.lastname@example.org
Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28359