Closes: Tuesday, July 6, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, and
- Two or more years of progressively more responsible experience in college activities or student services environment, or
- A combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position will be considered.
- A valid NC driver's license
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to interpret, comprehend, and apply college laws, rules, and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a public setting
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- A commitment to the goals, standards, and ethics of Central Carolina Community College, and the ability to effectively communicate and obtain adherence to these concepts
- Master's Degree
- Four or more year's student activities experience at the post-secondary level
- Successful supervisory experience
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Student Activities Coordinator is responsible for the development, promotion, and evaluation of student activities, student clubs, and programs that enhance student learning and leadership. The Coordinator will also act as SGA Advisor for the Lee County Campus.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Works with college administration, students, and faculty to create and administer a system-wide activities plan for events that fosters learning, service, and promotes opportunities for personal growth and leadership development.
- Provides leadership in relation to all student activities, clubs, and organizations.
- Acts as the Advisor to the Student Ambassadors.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with faculty, staff, community resources, vendors, and non-profit agencies in the course of Student Life activities.
- Develops and oversees the annual budget for activities and clubs.
- Develop, implement, and direct procedures and guidelines for student organizations that match college policies and procedures.
- Develop and monitor annual goals and objectives for student activities and ambassadors.
- Designs and implements a communication plan for promotion of college activities and events.
- Evaluates outcomes from activities and programs to ensure that the needs of students are being met.
- Work with Recruitment/Foundation Associate and Athletic Director to develop and promote intramural activities based on student interests.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development requirement.
- Submit records and forms in a timely fashion as required in the policy and procedures manual.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Actively participate in professional organizations.
- Performs other related tasks as required.