Closes: Monday, July 8, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Two or more years of progressively more responsible experience in college activities or student services environment, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Ability to interpret, comprehend, and apply college laws, rules, and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a public setting
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- A valid NC driver's license
- A commitment to the goals, standards, and ethics of Central Carolina Community College, and the ability to effectively communicate and obtain adherence to these concepts
- Master's Degree.
- Four or more year's student activities experience at the post-secondary level.
- Successful supervisory experience.
The Central Carolina Community College 2015-2019 Strategic Plan declares "Learning First" as the primary institutional goal. All faculty and staff are empowered as educators, committed to responsibility for the learning process.
The Student Activities Coordinator is responsible for the development, promotion, and evaluation of student activities, student clubs, and programs that enhance student learning and leadership. The Coordinator will also act as Ambassador Advisor.
- Works with college administration, students, and faculty to create and administer a system-wide activities plan for events that fosters learning, service, and promotes opportunities for personal growth and leadership development.
- Provides leadership in relation to all student activities, clubs, and organizations.
- Acts as the Ambassador Advisor, including management of requests for Ambassadors.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with faculty, staff, community resources, vendors, and non-profit agencies in the course of Student Life activities.
- Develops and oversees the annual budget for activities and clubs.
- Develop, implement, and direct procedures and guidelines for student organizations that match college policies and procedures.
- Develop and monitor annual goals and objectives for student activities and Ambassadors.
- Designs and implements a communication plan for promotion of college activities and events.
- Evaluates outcomes from activities and programs to ensure that the needs of students are being met.
- Work with Recruitment/Foundation Associate and Athletic Director to develop and promote intramural activities based on student interests.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development requirement.
- Submit records and forms in a timely fashion as required in the policy and procedures manual.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Actively participate in professional organizations.
- Performs other related tasks as required.