201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Closes: Tuesday, December 20, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- At least three years of experience in admissions, recruiting, student services, or in direct sales or customer service required.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, customer service, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ideal candidate will possess a positive customer-oriented focus with the ability to perform multiple tasks in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Generally, works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to physically transport recruiting materials required.
- Ability to drive to and from recruiting sites in Gaston and Lincoln counties required.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
- Experience in community college setting preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 10/20/22
Provide a variety of support services to prospective students, current students, faculty, and administration; assist with admissions and recruiting activities; maintain admissions records; provide quality service to students, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to and address admissions- and enrollment-related inquiries via phone calls, walk-in customers, and during recruiting and community outreach events.
- Assist students by providing information about admissions and enrollment procedures, including the admissions application, submission of high school and college transcripts, program of study choices, placement testing, residency reclassification information, and completion of the online new student orientation process.
- Maintain accurate student records upon receipt of high school and college transcripts, test scores, change of major forms, residency reclassification status change forms, completion of new student orientation, and other official admissions and enrollment-related student information from both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate professionalism through collaboration, collegiality, and outstanding customer service for both internal and external clients.
- Assist students in scheduling the College’s placement test, maintain test schedules and appointments, and serve as a testing proctor as needed.
- Communicate with new applicants, prospective students, and former students through the student information system’s communications management process and via phone calls, letters, emails, and websites.
- Participate in recruiting and community outreach activities within high schools, companies, and other locations.
- Conduct Admissions Information Sessions and Campus Tours for prospective students and other stakeholder groups.
- Participate in recruiting enrollment yield activities, including open houses, phone campaigns, and classroom presentations to reach out to new and former students.
- Attend professional development workshops and seminars to keep updated with admissions and enrollment policies, procedures, and the latest guidelines governing these functions.
- Update and edit admissions related materials such as the admissions application, procedures, brochures, websites, etc., to ensure that accurate and up-to-date information is being communicated to both new and returning students.
- Adhere to all college policies and procedures, especially those pertaining to confidentiality.
- Assist with document imaging and provide clerical support as needed. Assist with quality control for document imaging
- Assist a broad spectrum of people—students, auditors, instructors, parents, and community.
- Cross-training and performing job duties in other Student Affairs areas will be required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions and/or the Vice President for Student Affairs.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact