New Bern, NC
Closes: Friday, May 29, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Two (2) years' professional experience in hands-on computer troubleshooting and repair.
Associate's degree in information systems or other closely related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Serves as the first line of communication for receipt of phone, email, web-initiated and walk-in student technology assistance requests
- Performs remote troubleshooting by asking pertinent questions and using diagnostic techniques within department guidelines
- Determines the best solution based on the issue and details provided by students and works with students to implement problem solving processes within department guidelines
- Tracks, routes and redirects tickets to the correct resources; escalates unresolved tickets to the next level of support
- Follows up with students, provides feedback and sees problems through to resolution within department guidelines
- Collaborates with various departments to ensure up-to-date support services for software, hardware and computer systems provided to students
- Participates in appropriate committees and task forces as assigned
- Performs other job-related duties and projects as assigned in support of the College's mission, core values and goals