Closes: Friday, May 14, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 2+ years of work experience in professional office environment or educational setting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications and Google Docs
- Demonstrated experience and excellence with customer service
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience working in a community college setting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with basic bookkeeping and management of financial records and records related to employee work schedules and timesheets
- Experience with colleague
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The University Transfer & Advising Division Student Learning Support Specialist provides support for program chairs, lead instructors, directors, and other staff.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Provide day-to-day facilities and project assistance for University Transfer division department chairs, directors, lead instructors, and related staff
- Provide general assistance and support to faculty, students, and staff
- Assist with administrative tasks assigned by the Career and College Promise Program
- Assist with the production and processing of overload and adjunct instructor contracts
- Process timesheets/payroll verification for a small number of academic assistance staff
- Provide support for course creation and course editing in Datatel Colleague
- Assist with on-campus division events, such as University Transfer Day, University Transfer Advisory Board meetings, departmental meetings, ACES, CCP Open Houses, and similar events
- Provide occasional coverage for the College switchboard
- Maintain knowledge of technical support and provide assistance to faculty and students with college computer applications (Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel, Datatel, WebAdvisor, E-Procurement, Eforms, Google Docs, AVISO, etc.).
- Maintain knowledge of college resources and appropriately direct students, faculty, and staff to them
- Assist with meeting minutes for departmental and college-wide meetings and committees
- Assist with the preparation of instructor evaluations
- Assign and enter instructors to each semester course in Datatel as designated
- Maintain knowledge of updated Career and College Promise Program policies and procedures
- Monitor/track course syllabi in shared folders for Division Programs
- Assist with the collection of general education competency data
- Assist faculty with the verification of student eligibility for classes (prerequisite checking)
- Responsible for tracking missing documents (syllabi, block schedules, contracts, alternate assignments, etc.) and involving the Department Chairs, Lead Instructors, Directors and the Dean as needed
- Assist with scheduling interviews for phone screenings and face-to-face interviews for new employees
- Assist with divisionwide communication to faculty and students
- Coordinate with the division leadership on promotional information and marketing
- Answer and direct phone calls, take messages, and field/answer all routine questions
- Submit records and forms in a timely fashion as required in the policy and procedures manual.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Actively participate in professional organizations
- Complete the five-hour staff development requirement
- Assist with other duties as assigned