Closes: Thursday, November 23, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree in marketing, business, education or a related field.
- One year of experience in organizing programs, events, and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, education or a related field.
- One year of experience in student activities, recreation, or college recruitment.
- One year of leadership/management experience.
- One year of experience in Student Services at a North Carolina community college.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: To work with the Director of Student Life and Recruitment to support recruitment efforts by attending recruitment/community events, representing the college at large, assisting in the management of prospective students, and assisting with campus tours. The position will also help support a comprehensive student life program; supervising students and volunteers assigned to the office; encouraging students to participate in student life and the Student Government Association to foster student leadership development; and coordinating student organizations and clubs to help students prepare to live and work in a diverse world.
Student Services Program Management
- Assist the Director of Student Life and Recruitment with:
- Development, planning, implementation, review, and administration of recruitment and student life goals and objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Planning and travel to recruitment tours (e.g., CACRAO) and events.
- Student registration activities, as needed.
- New student orientation processes.
- Assisting applicants, as needed, in connecting with Student Services staff to help complete their admissions requirements.
- Compiling statistical data and reports to evaluate the effectiveness/efficiency of recruitment and student life programs and to generate program changes or additions.
- Advising the Student Government Association.
- Assist, as needed, the Director of Educational Partnerships & Initiatives with outreach and recruitment efforts within the public and non-public schools of Asheboro City and Randolph County.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and supervise the college’s educational, recreational, social student activities programs.
- Participate in the development of marketing strategies to promote campus activities and services to maximize student involvement.
- Schedule use of commons area by external and internal organizations.
- Develop and maintain professional connections in state and national organizations.
- Maintain a work schedule that could include nights and weekends, which includes serving as a chaperone, as needed, for students at overnight and day conferences or events pertaining to recruitment efforts.
- Review and recommend changes to Student Services policies and procedures.
- Comply with federal, state, local and college goals objectives, procedures, policies, and laws.
- Assist the Director of Student Life and Recruitment with the following:
- Coordinate the assigned budget appropriation.
- Complete requisitions and other financial paperwork in a timely manner.
- Oversee the use of grant funds ensuring compliance with the grant(s), if applicable.
- Submit budget recommendations.
- Practice exemplary student customer service skills.
- Practice exemplary colleague customer service skills.
- Create an environment that facilitates radical hospitality.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures.
- Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205