Wilkes Community College-Wilkes Campus Wilkesboro, NC
Closes: Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, social work, human services or related areas.
- Applicant must have excellent human relations skills and be able to work with a variety of individuals (students, instructors, administration, and the general public).
- Good analytical skills, attention to detail, the ability to communicate effectively, good organizational skills, and the ability to work with deadlines are essential.
- Advanced computer skills required, including Microsoft Office software (Excel, Access, and Word), budget, and database management.
- Evenings, occasional weekends, and occasional overnight travel are part of the work schedule for this position.
- Training and experience in student activities are preferred.
This is a full-time, ten-month, August through May, position in the Student Services division and will report to the Director of Counseling, Career Services, and Student Life.
Core duties will include the following:
- Coordinate and supervise a wide variety of student activities that will meet the social, educational, cultural, and recreational needs of our students.
- Serve as an advisor to the Student Government Association.
- Promote interest and participation in all student activities and organizations by working with club advisors and faculty.
- Chair or serve on committees related to the student life coordinator’s job functions.
- Coordinate and monitor fundraising activities of all student organizations.
- Manage the student activities budget.
- Promote and market student activity events through the creation of marketing materials and social media posts.
- Coordinate an intramural sports program consistent with student needs and interests.
- Supervise student use of the commons and wellness center.
- Assist with campus tours and other recruiting activities.
- Assist with placement test interpretations and new student orientation.
- Conduct academic standing conferences with students as needed.
- Coordinate the parking ticket appeal process.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact