Closes: Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required Educational Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field
Required kind and number of years of work experience:
- At least two years of experience in college admissions/outreach or college student affairs setting.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of community college admissions process and degree programs at CCCC, communication skills(verbal and written), Microsoft Office, Datatel, exemplary customer service.
- Ability to conduct presentations to groups.
- Experience working with Social Media.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Coordinator of Student Outreach and Recruitment will report directly to the Director of Student Outreach and Recruitment in the Division of Student Services.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
In line with the College’s strategic plan, the successful Coordinator of Student Outreach and Recruitment will:
- Coordinate student outreach initiatives by assisting with the development and implementation of strategies that help to bridge student academic needs and goals with programs offered at the College.
- Assist with the development, execution, and coordination of outreach activities with internal partners (faculty, Student Services, Marketing Department, etc.) and external partners (schools, community agencies, etc.) and other targeted markets.
- Coordinate scheduling and execute large and small group presentations onsite, offsite and remotely via webcasts, education fairs, and individual appointments.
- Utilize technology such as MS Office, Informer, and/or Colleague, the College’s data management system, and work with campus partners to ensure that prospective students and applicants receive regular communication from the College.
- Help to meet recruitment goals through continuous training and measurement of key performance indicators.
- Assist the Director with the continuous training and development of new and existing staff members. Participate in annual evaluation and creation of performance plans of action as needed.
- Monitor and manage some day-to-day activities of staff and student workers.
- Coordinate and/or assist as needed with registration events, graduation ceremonies, college pre-planning sessions, college orientations, etc., in collaboration with the Student Services Division and College Success Center team.
- Continuously collaborate with the Director and with campus departments to develop and execute short and long term recruitment strategies that contribute to the sustainability and future of the College’s academic programs.
- Serve on college committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support college activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Outreach and Recruitment
- Travel required within the service are and beyond
- Travel for professional development opportunities/conferences.
- Some evening/night work required. i.e. parent nights at high schools
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Student Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.