Closes: Friday, June 26, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Education, Social Work or a related field.
- One year of counseling in a community college.
- Professional counselor certification and/or licensure.
- One year of experience working with the student information system used by the North Carolina Community College System.
- One year of experience working with the educational policies and procedures of the North Carolina Community College System.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Student Services Counselor reports directly to the Director of Student Success Counseling. The position is part of a team tasked to provide academic advising, supportive counseling, personal and academic development, and workshops; serve on college committees; coordinate services with faculty and college personnel; and make referrals to outside agencies.
Student Services Program Management
- Provide an extensive case-management program of counseling to include, but not limited to:
- career counseling
- proactive admissions/enrollment counseling, to include the limited enrollment process
- crisis counseling
- Provide support to the career services program
- Provide a counseling format to facilitate development of academic, social, and personal needs using group and individual techniques as needed with adequate referral procedures
- Provide assistance with student registration
- Provide assistance with college retention efforts
- Provide assistance with recruiting efforts, including, but not limited to helping with tour groups, senior workshops, follow-up visits, and other recruitment activities
- Provide assistance with pre-/co-requisite review process
- Ensure program duties/processes are completed according to regulatory requirements and institutional expectations
- Coordinate programs, as assigned, to ensure exemplary customer service, as well as compliance
- Coordinate and/or provide resources and training for the college, as needed, regarding laws, regulations, policies and procedures for programs and services managed by the Office of Student Success
- Review and recommend changes to policies and procedures for programs and services managed.
- Review and recommend changes to student services policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports as requested.
- Monitor, oversee, and coordinate with external and internal partners new and existing programs to ensure compliance with the college’s mission.
- Review and implement changes to processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Promote collaboration, teamwork, and involve all stakeholders in the decision-making process.
- Complete requisitions and other financial paperwork in a timely manner.
- If applicable, administer the use of grant funds ensuring compliance with the grant(s).
- Submit budget recommendations to the Director of Student Success Counseling.
- Practice exemplary student customer service skills.
- Practice exemplary colleague customer service skills.
- Create an environment that facilitates radical hospitality.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations. Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205