Closes: Saturday, September 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree in Counseling/Counselor Education, or a Human Service field
- Community college counseling experience is strongly preferred.
- One year of postsecondary student counseling/academic advising experience
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Student Services Counselor reports directly to the Director of Student Success Counseling. The position is part of a team tasked to provide academic advising, supportive counseling, personal and academic development, and workshops; serve on college committees; coordinate services with faculty and college personnel; and make referrals to outside agencies.
Student Services Program Management
- Provide an extensive case-management program of counseling to include, but not limited to:
- career counseling
- proactive admissions/enrollment counseling, to include the limited enrollment process
- crisis counseling
- Provide support to the career services program
- Provide a counseling format to facilitate development of academic, social, and personal needs using group and individual techniques as needed with adequate referral procedures
- Provide assistance with student registration
- Provide assistance with college retention efforts
- Provide assistance with recruiting efforts, including, but not limited to helping with tour groups, senior workshops, follow-up visits, and other recruitment activities
- Provide assistance with pre-/co-requisite review process
- Ensure program duties/processes are completed according to regulatory requirements and institutional expectations
- Coordinate programs, as assigned, to ensure exemplary customer service, as well as compliance
- Coordinate and/or provide resources and training for the college, as needed, regarding laws, regulations, policies and procedures for programs and services managed by the Office of Student Success
- Review and recommend changes to policies and procedures for programs and services managed.
- Review and recommend changes to student services policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports as requested.
- Monitor, oversee, and coordinate with external and internal partners new and existing programs to ensure compliance with the college’s mission.
- Review and implement changes to processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Promote collaboration, teamwork, and involve all stakeholders in the decision-making process.
- Complete requisitions and other financial paperwork in a timely manner.
- If applicable, administer the use of grant funds ensuring compliance with the grant(s).
- Submit budget recommendations to the Director of Student Success Counseling.
- Practice exemplary student customer service skills.
- Practice exemplary colleague customer service skills.
- Create an environment that facilitates radical hospitality.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures.
- Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205