Old Charlotte Highway Campus, Monroe, NC
Closes: Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Associate’s degree or full-time equivalent of 3 years of receptionist, customer service or administrative experience.
• Experience working in Student Services.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to deal effectively, cooperatively and tactfully with internal and external customers.
• Microsoft Office knowledge.
• Datatel/Colleague knowledge.
• Experience working with diverse populations.
• Personal and professional integrity.
The Student Services Receptionist is a full-time, 12-month staff position located primarily on the OCH Campus in Monroe, NC. Under the direction of the Assistant to the Vice President of Student Services, the Student Services Receptionist will assist Student Services at the OCH (Monroe) Campus to provide high quality customer service to visitors, students, and employees.
• Perform reception duties:
o Greet and assist visitors, students, and employees in a professional manner.
o Determine visitors’ needs and route visitors to appropriate department/personnel.
o Determine callers’ needs and route calls to appropriate departments/personnel.
• Provide general information to the public concerning SPCC.
• Demonstrate exceptional customer services quality.
• Serve as point of contact for visitors and supervise sign-in procedures.
• Serve as liaison with security and be thoroughly familiar with safety policy.
• Retrieve and distribute Student Services mail daily.
• Assist with processing documents and records for Student Services.
• Work variable schedule if needed, including evenings and/or weekends.
• Perform other duties as assigned.