RCC Service Area
Closes: Wednesday, December 9, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Understanding of and commitment to the mission and vision of Richmond Community College. Must be able to work as an effective member of the Student Services team. Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, able to use student advising software andstudent online platforms. Must have excellent listening and interviewing skills. Must have knowledge/expertise of curricula. Able to maintain student confidentially.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Must have a desire to help students in their academic journey, from enrollment to graduation.
Experience in student counseling, advising, education or related field preferred.
General Description of the Position The Student Success Coach will assist new and returning students in completing the necessary admission steps to enroll in Richmond Community College. The Student Success Coach works with students to identify their educational and personal goals and develop a career plan. They will also identify students who may be at risk of failing and/or withdrawing and connect them with appropriate resources. The Student Success Coach will provide assistance to students throughout their academic journey.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Guide perspective students through the admissions process which includes assisting with online applications, RDS (Residency Determination Services) applications, and FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) applications.
- Conduct initial review of transcript(s) to determine if placement test is needed.
- Assist students with clarifying their career and academic goals and developing individualized educational plans.
- Advise and register first time and returning students.
- Complete Admissions Counseling Report and other reports as requested.
- Document student advising sessions utilizing campus retention software.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about the College’s programs and requirements.
- Cultivate a basic knowledge of financial aid and scholarship opportunities for students.
- Assist with outreach calls to students and potential students. This includes payment reminders.
- Consult with students regarding academic problems or concerns and assist students in obtaining support to meet these specific needs.
- Make appropriate referrals to campus resources for students perceived as at-risk.
- Attend professional development activities as requested/approved/required by the Vice President for Student Services.
- Issue identification cards and parking tags when needed.
- Other duties. (Willingness to accept and fulfill additional assignments.)
Position Available: January 4, 2021. Application review begins: December 10, 2020. To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of transcripts or high school equivalency. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.