Closes: Saturday, November 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree in Library Science from American Library Association or regionally accredited institution
- Valid drivers license
- Demonstrated understanding of the concepts, goals, and methods of information literacy instruction.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work flexibly and creatively both with others in a team environment as well as independently on assigned tasks.
- Excellent organization and time management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, including defining scope, setting objectives, determining timelines, acquiring resources, tracking progress, and preparing reports.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- One year of academic library work experience, preferably in a community college setting.
- Demonstrated instructional experience in information literacy.
- Collection development and cataloging experience.
The Student Success Librarian works with library colleagues, other campus student support units, academic departments, and students to leverage and promote library resources contributing to student success. With the goal of creating meaningful connections with students, this position develops and delivers a range of creative and informative student engagement experiences, including coordinating the library's participation in campus-wide student orientation activities, hosting special events, workshops and delivering exemplary customer service. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Provides outstanding customer service in a professional manner.
- Coordinates, delivers, and assesses library and information literacy instruction.
- Conducts library tours and orientations.
- Produces library scavenger hunts for game-based learning.
- Creates library instructional videos and online tutorials.
- Provides reference service.
- Engages in library research.
- Develops and enhances LibGuides.
- Compiles and maintains data for reports.
- Provides public and technical library service, including but not limited to:
- Registering new library borrowers and issuing library cards.
- Charging and discharging library materials.
- Collecting fines and other library fees.
- Assisting patrons in the location and use of library collections and resources.
- Assisting patrons with basic computer questions.
- Participating in ordering, cataloging, and processing library materials.
- Shelving books and shifting library collections.
- Searching for missing books.
- Opens and closes library facility using established procedures.
- Assists with planning library programs and events.
- Administers college and career readiness assessment/placement tests.
- Participates in and supports ongoing library assessments and planning.
- Provides guidance to students regarding academic programs of study in the Advising Center.
- Works collaboratively with staff in the library and faculty/staff in other departments.
- Participates in professional development activities provided by the college and other institutions/organizations.
- Engages in reading and networking with colleagues for life-long learning focusing on library instruction pedagogy, assessment, and technology.
- Performs other duties as assigned which contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the library and the college.
Job Post Contact
Morgan R, Bland, Director of Human Resources
**Applicants must submit a completed Nash Community College application and unofficial transcripts in order to be considered. Applications referencing resumes will not be considered. Completed applications need to be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Human Resources, PO Box 7488, Rocky Mount, NC 27804**