Elizabeth City, NC
Closes: Thursday, July 29, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college.
- A minimum of two years of experience in student services, scholarship management or a professional office environment.
- Technical expertise in database management and MS Office.
- Experience in Datatel/Self-Service, Etrieve, DocuSign, etc.
- Supervisory experience.
The role of the Student Support Services Coordinator, Student Success and Enrollment Management (SSSEM) is to perform a variety of services to connect students with resources to address identified barriers; oversee and manage student emergency funding and foundation scholarship processes; perform administrative and technical duties for the Vice President and Division; prepare budget updates and reports as requested; serve as liaison for SSEM/Vice President to faculty/staff, the community, enrolled and potential students and outside resource agencies; and, update and maintain SSEM records, as needed.
The Student Support Services Coordinator is supervised by the Vice President, SSEM.
Examples of Duties: Grants and Scholarships:
- Provide crisis intervention and community referrals to assist students with addressing barriers to student/academic success.
- Partner with Student Life Coordinator to organize and disperse COA Cares food and clothing to students and other campuses.
- Specific to emergency student support services, manage and process student applications for federal, state and local grant and scholarship opportunities such as the Finish Line Grant, Child Care Assistance, COA Cares, etc.
- In collaboration with the COA Foundation, coordinate and oversee the student application and award process for COA Foundation Scholarships; and, assist with scheduling donor interviews and organization of annual luncheon.
- In compliance with federal and state regulations, verify and review forms, procedures; update and manage files; collect and process appropriate documentation; ensure creation and submission of appropriate reports; and, work closely with external organizations regarding awards and/or payments.
- Maintain and reconcile monthly and annual grant and scholarship budgets for the Vice President, SSEM and submit appropriate reports as requested to funding sources.
- Procure and maintain a P-card for the Division and prepare the monthly credit card reconciliation form.
- Monitor and reconcile monthly budget for SSEM and provide specific budget item reports requested by the Vice President, SSEM.
- Maintain working knowledge of processes and procedures of the SSEM Division (ex. Residency Determination Service (RDS), 25 Live, budget, Student Code of Conduct).
- Plan agendas; record and maintain notes/minutes for the Enrollment Management Committee and SSEM staff meetings.
- Provide professional customer service in person, by phone or via email to prospects and enrolled students, faculty/staff and the general public; independently respond to inquiries; prepare a variety of regular and confidential documents including, reports, forms, contracts and memos; and, distribute information.
- Supervise communications specialist, part-time Success Center Support staff and work study employees, to include daily schedules and workflow.
- Provide backup support for communications specialist as needed by answering the phone; responding to requests for information from the general public, students, faculty/staff; providing routine information and directions; conveying messages; providing information about the college.
- Maintain the confidentiality of student information, unless sharing information is due to a legitimate educational interest pursuant to FERPA and other COA Policies.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Vice President, SSEM.