Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Drive, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Friday, October 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Must be 18 years of age; High School Diploma or GED; Prior experience in an early childhood setting. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Capable of relating to diverse age and demographic backgrounds. Physical ability sufficient to frequently bend, stoop and lift up to 50 pounds. Possess a willingness to learn procedures and regulations specific to the care and education of infants and children.
Early Childhood Credential with at least one year of experience in an Early Childhood setting.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Substitute Teacher is responsible for supporting the teaching staff with implementing the daily program of activities for a group of children in the Regional Center for the Advancement of Children and to follow Child Care Standards to promote high quality care, health, safety, and wellbeing of all children in their care. This is a cover position that will act as a substitute for another Child Care teacher when they are absent. The position is as needed and on-call for occasional work opportunities, day to day or weekly, or longer for the necessary operation of business due to lead teacher or teacher assistant leave of absence.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Performance of the Assistant Teacher role in their absence and:
• Communicating sensitivity and patience with children, supervised by teacher and director but possessing the ability to work without supervision.
• Utilization of pleasant, calm tone of voice, positive discipline techniques.
• Ability to anticipate problems and redirect children.
• Participation in staff meetings, training sessions as required by North Carolina Division of Child Development, supervision and guidance of work-study and Co-op students.
• Having an understanding of child development and growth.
• Willingness to work with a group of children with ages ranging from infant through Pre-K.
• Assisting the Lead Teacher in planning and carrying out the daily indoor and outdoor activities, preparation and serving of meals and snacks
• Helping each child to adjust and feel secure in the center.
• Maintaining a safe, clean and pleasant environment by helping keep the center clean, appropriate communication with and around children, positive relationship with parents, children and other staff, licensure and Five Star Compliance, supervision of the group while working with one child, compliance to confidentiality policies.
Additional duties as assigned.
How to Apply
To Apply Submit:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at www.haywood.edu, click on the Jobs tab then select position applying for.
- Application must be complete for consideration- do not reference resume. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites.
- Must provide 3 professional references with email addresses. References may not be current HCC employee.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the final candidate to the college president.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus.
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status