Closes: Tuesday, May 4, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required educational background:
- Associate's degree in related field, AND
- One year of coaching/counseling experience in higher education, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Great active listening skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and rapport building skills
- A patient and empathetic attitude
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environments
- Computer literacy
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- College advising and/or success coaching experience, or student engagement experience preferably in a community college setting.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Success and Transitions Coach is a member of the College and Career Readiness department within the Division of Student Learning. This team supports students who are completing a high school credential or learning English. The Success and Transitions Coach will primarily engage with a caseload of students from all three counties who have recently graduated or are nearing graduation/program completion. This individual will provide outreach to CCR students who are working on completing high school and students enrolled in ESL classes to support transitions to post-secondary enrollment and other career-related activities. The coach will provide support and resources for these students as they navigate entry into higher education following the coronavirus pandemic.
This position is time-limited through April 30, 2022. It is funded through the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) II and is subject to the availability of federal funding.
Frequent travel throughout the College's three-county service area.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Provide college and career advising to current students and all graduates from the current academic program year. Provide career information to students on future job trends, type of training and education required for a specific job, where to obtain specific training and education, salary information, employment outlook, and working conditions.
- Work with students to develop individual CAP (Career and Academic Plan).
- Deliver workshops related to college enrollment processes (financial aid, registration).
- Develop and coordinate transition orientation sessions.
- Recruit volunteers and mentors to participate in technical and non-technical transition-related workshops.
- Maintain current knowledge of enrollment matters and processes for transitioning students.
- Work with the College and Career Readiness team to coordinate advising efforts and in-class activities that support transition.
- Conduct an ongoing adult education needs assessment program through the development and evaluation of appropriate surveys and questionnaires.
- Track, analyze, and share transition data and share with appropriate college personnel.
- Research best practices and make recommendations for improvements and changes to programs to enhance student transition.