Closes: Thursday, June 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree in education, counseling, human services or a related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Three years of experience in college advising, success coaching, or related field.
- Ability to develop relationships and cultivate partnerships with faculty, staff and community partners
- Ability to be a team player, a problem solver, to follow complex directions, interpret data and to be a multi-tasker
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with good judgment in decision-making
- Master’s degree in education, counseling, or related field
- One year experience in retention programs
- Experience using an early alert/advising system powered by predictive analytics
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Success Coach will report to the Lead Success Coach. The Success Coach is responsible for providing coaching and intervention techniques to an assigned caseload of students. The Success Coach will be committed to student learning by ensuring student access to programs and services by helping to remove barriers to student enrollment and progression and supporting and assisting students with achieving their educational goals.
- Foster persistence and completion by maintaining a caseload of new students to the college and students experiencing academic difficulty
- Provide proactive and individualized success coaching to an assigned caseload of students facilitated by an early alert/advising system powered by predictive analytics
- Respond to faculty-submitted and automatically-generated alerts for an assigned caseload of students
- Identify at-risk students within as assigned caseload of students using reports and analyzing data
- Provide proactive outreach to the at-risk students within an assigned caseload of students connecting them with appropriate interventions and student supports.
- Engage assigned caseload of students in educational planning activities to help guide them to achieve their educational goals.
- Empower assigned caseload of students to effectively communicate with faculty and student services and become better connected to resources and support services such as financial aid, career services, and disability services.
- Regularly attend assigned academic department meetings, engage with faculty/staff, and other departmental meetings, as appropriate, to remain current with departmental policies and procedures.
- Teach ACA course(s), as needed, for the full duration of scheduled instruction
- Ensure that each class session contains essential curricular components, has appropriate content and pedagogy, and maintains currency
- Evaluate student progress and provide appropriate, timely feedback
- Incorporate appropriate instructional technology to enhance student learning
- Develop and distribute course syllabi according to established template providing appropriate information to students concerning course expectations and evaluation criteria
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205