Closes: Monday, September 27, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor's degree required in a related field
• A minimum of one year of related work experience, or
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Master's degree in higher education/student affairs or in a CTE field
• Minimum one year of experience in college advising, success coaching, admissions, or a related field
• Experience in a community college setting
• Strong background in a CTE or STEM field
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged with recognizing the challenges that students face and responding to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Success Coach is a member of the College Success Center team within the Division of University Transfer and Advising. This team supports the student learning process with the primary goal of maximizing levels of college access and success.
This is a grant-funded position through the Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (Perkins V). Continuation of position is contingent upon annual local plan approval and availability of federal grant funds.
Lee Main Campus is the primary location for this position; however, travel throughout the college's three-county service area will be required.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- The Success Coach will engage with a caseload of students in career and technical education (CTE) programs using an intrusive advising model guided by an appreciative advising approach and facilitated by the College's online early-alert/academic planning system. This individual will identify and provide outreach to CTE students who demonstrate a need for extra support, in order to encourage participation in coaching appointments, skill building activities, navigating college and career pathways, and other means of intentional intervention.
- The Success Coach will build rapport and communication with faculty and administrators in the career and technical education programs to create opportunities to further support students.
- The Success Coach will have the secondary responsibility of supporting training initiatives on AVISO as well as other related student success tools and resources for both students and colleagues.
- The Success Coach will further assist students by leading new student orientation sessions and participating in extended orientation activities such as skill building and success workshops as assigned.
- The Success Coach will use various technologies such as AVISO, Colleague, Google: Docs, Sheets, Calendar, and more on a daily basis.