Closes: Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree required in related field, AND
- A minimum of one (1) year of related work experience, OR
- And equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Master's level teaching discipline preferred or Master's degree in higher education/student affairs. Minimum one year of experience in college advising, success coaching, or related field.
- College advising and/or success coaching experience, or student engagement experience preferably in a community college setting. Strong background in health sciences, mathematics or related position.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Success Coach, Health Sciences and Human Services is a member of the College Success Center team within the Division of Student Learning. This team supports the student learning process with the primary goal of maximizing levels of college access and success.
Frequent travel throughout the College's three-county service area is required.
- The Success Coach, Health Sciences and Human Services will primarily engage with a caseload of students using an intrusive advising model guided by an appreciative advising approach and facilitated by the College's online early-alert/academic planning system. This individual will identify and provide outreach to at-risk students to encourage participation in coaching appointments and other means of intentional intervention and student support activities.
- The Success Coach, Health Sciences and Human Services will also support a caseload of students in health sciences and human services programs to successfully navigate college and career pathways. Possessing knowledge of these programs, as well as how to successfully apply to them, will be critical to these students.
- Build strong rapport and communication channels with faculty, and administrators in the health science and human services programs to reach the most optimal outcomes.
- This Success Coach, Health Sciences and Human Services will have the secondary responsibility of collaborating with campus colleagues to coordinate training efforts in areas such as AVISO, Intrusive Advising, Appreciative Advising, and other student success related topics. The individual will research best practices and make recommendations for improvements and changes to programs to enhance student retention. The Coach/Advisor will further assist/participate in "extended orientation" activities such as New Student Orientations and success workshops as assigned.
- Use various technologies such as AVISO, Colleague Datatel, Google: Docs, Sheets, Calendar, etc. on a daily basis.