LLP Campus in Polkton, NC
Closes: Monday, February 15, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Associate’s degree or high school diploma and relevant student support experience
• Demonstrated skills in facilitating and modeling a quality customer service orientation
• Demonstrated skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications
• Bachelor’s degree
• Bilingual in Spanish
• Experience in a community college setting working with student admissions, student advisement, student support services, and/or student records;
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the use of integrated software systems
The Success Navigator is a full-time, 12-month position serving all locations of SPCC. This position is primarily located on the LLP Campus in Polkton, NC. Under the direction of the Director of Admissions and Testing, the Success Navigator is responsible for ensuring that students have a quality front door experience and our connected to institutional resources. The Success Navigator will work collaboratively with faculty and staff to provide a broad range of services throughout the enrollment cycle to students. Position will participate in on-going professional development trainings related to the College’s student information system(s) and portal; admissions, financial aid, career assessments, advising; and registration.
• Provide student success services to students and potential students of the College, including, but not limited to applying, financial aid completion, placement information, academic advising, assistance with registration, transfer information, and payment.
• Assist students in selecting educational programs compatible with their interests, needs, and abilities; administer introductory online career assessments as needed.
• Provide referrals for service based upon individualized student needs. Refers and connects students with relevant College resources, faculty, and staff. Maintains current knowledge base on all resources and procedures related to students
• Teach students how to navigate the student portal (GO), electronic forms, and other SPCC IT resources.
• Collaborate with Student Services and other areas of the College to support student success initiatives and to provide students with accurate and timely information to make informed and positive decisions
• Participate in new student orientation.
• Assist students in applying for financial aid;
• Maintains confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors or other employees;
• Adhere to SPCC’s academic policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, and the public. Work effectively within an ethnic, cultural, and socially diverse student population.
• Other duties as assigned.