Closes: Friday, January 27, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma or equivalent
Prior experience and skills in custodial services
Ability to work effectively in a team environment, working well with others
Ability to utilize a customer-focused approach in performing duties
Ability to accurately receive information and make sound decisions
Ability to be self-directed and to complete work independently
Effective interpersonal, oral and written communications with fluency in the English language
Ability to manage multiple projects
Must have a valid North Carolina driver's license
Commercial custodial experience
Experience in custodial services in a higher education setting
Basic computer skills
The Supervisor, Custodial Services reports to the Director, Physical Plant Services and is part of the Physical Plant Services Division. The Supervisor is responsible for supervising custodial staff and assisting with the general custodial services of all buildings and grounds at all campus locations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervises and trains custodial staff.
- Performs necessary custodial services including, but not limited to:
- Routine emptying of waste receptacles
- Routine dusting, sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming
- Routine scouring of toilets and sinks
- Routine washing of windows
- Routine replenishment of paper products and hand soap
- Routine cleaning of chalkboards/whiteboards and erasers; arranging of classroom furniture; removing markings from walls, restroom stalls, countertops, desks, mirrors, blinds, drinking fountains, and fixtures.
- Routine cleaning of floor mats, cob webs, etc.
- Routine polishing of floors; shampooing of carpets; cleaning and sanitizing showers, door handles, and hand rails.
- Assists with setup/tear down of rooms as needed and coordinates with the conference center director.
- Assists with maintaining cleaning records, including MSDS sheets.
- Utilizes proper cleaning materials and utilizes safe work practices.
- Assists with college sustainability and environmentally friendly practices.
- Plans project cleaning such as stripping, scrubbing and waxing of floors. Kaivac cleaning of restrooms. Bonnet buffing and carpet extraction. This requires developing a written plan and communicating this to the college staff.
- Coordinates with cleaning contractors for project cleaning, including getting cleaning cost estimates and scheduling work.
- Develops and revises cleaning schedules.
- Performs Quality assessment inspections on a routine basis to monitor the quality of cleaning in the building across campus.
- Performs annual performance review of the custodial staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.