Closes: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Educational & Certification Requirements:
· High School Diploma GED Certificate
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
· Five years of custodial supervisory experience, preferably in an educational environment.
· General knowledge and expertise in cleaning techniques
· General knowledge of custodial maintenance functions.
· Ability to lift and carry heavy and bulky objects up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to work rapidly and correctly on task requiring physical strength and stamina
· Ability to maintain confidentiality in the operations of the department
· Ability to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness and efficiency.
· Demonstrated extensive knowledge for the care/cleaning of various floor finishes and surfaces, custodial products and equipment.
· Ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship with manager, co-workers, faculty, staff, students and the general public.
· Ability to write routine correspondence and reports.
· Ability and willingness to work any shift and at any campus as assigned.
Please see above minimum requirements.
The jobholder supervises day porters, floor technicians, and any other assigned staff for all college facilities and campuses. S/he schedules and assigns work, and inspects areas to confirm tasks were completed properly. This position is responsible for overseeing the performance and reporting of service requests assigned by his/her supervisor in the college’s electronic service request system. The jobholder is responsible for maintaining the college’s buildings to the APPA standards set by the college. S/he is responsible for issuing supplies and equipment, and for maintaining records of services completed. The Custodial Services Supervisor is responsible for reporting deficiencies observed and coordinating with the custodial contractor during the assigned shift. S/he evaluates assigned personnel and makes recommendations for promotion/disciplinary actions to the Building Services Manager.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact