Closes: Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree (or higher) in Graphic Arts Management or a closely related field required.
- Minimum of three years' experience in the graphics arts/printing industry with graphic arts/printing management experience required.
- One year of supervisory experience in related field required.
- Desktop publishing and MS application software proficiency required.
- Knowledge and skill in the operation of print and copy-related machines and paper, ink, and other supplies used in printing, and maintenance requirements for printing required.
- Proficiency and experience with Adobe Suite (Illustrator, PhotoShop, and InDesign), and CorelDraw preferred
Open until filled - review of applications will begin 4/30/20.
Provide professional, efficient, and quality printing and mailroom services at a reasonable cost; provide support to the administration, faculty, staff, students, and community. Supervise personnel in the following functions: graphic design, printing, and mailroom services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and oversee the graphic design, printing, and mailroom services of the College, including personnel, training, evaluation of work, safety, scheduling, and assigning work.
- Prepare annual budget for print shop and mailroom; review and maintain accurate pricing structures.
- Assist in forecasting revenue and assure effective and efficient operations.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate balance statements of print shop monthly billing and all associated accounts.
- Maintain accurate inventory records.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain liaison with all print shop and mailroom customers to assure needs are being met and to resolve customer concerns.
- Order supplies and/or equipment from vendors, stores, and contractors; check and approve all invoices; write specifications for desired equipment.
- Operate high-speed printing equipment, including color and black-and-white production units.
- Operate wide format printer and vinyl cutter/plotter; operate mail processing equipment; collate and bind printed materials.
- Prepare billing for print shop services and maintain printing requests records.
- Design formats for printing projects; compose layouts and related graphic arts work; use desktop publishing to assist in design work.
- Plan work schedules for print shop and mailroom staff and oversee a wide variety of activities with minimal direction or supervision.
- Perform routine maintenance on print shop and mailroom equipment (e.g., bindery), as needed.
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism in representing the College including confidentiality in all aspects of the position's responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines as appropriate. Adhere to professional accountability and accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives and provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Frequent standing, ability to lift frequently, sometimes carry up to 50 pounds, and sometimes push or pull over 100 pounds required.
- Some exposure to chemicals, fumes and odors related to the printing and copying process. (Requirements listed are not all-inclusive.)
How to Apply
Job Post Contact